The Purchasing Division manages the procurement process for commodities, services, and construction projects for all Village departments. The division seeks to purchase goods and services required by departments in a cost-effective manner, ensuring that Oak Brook residents receive the maximum value for each dollar spent.
- Approve the purchase of goods and services for all Village departments through purchase orders and contracts
- Consolidate duplication of services between departments and facilities
- Ensure that all purchases comply with the Village of Oak Brook ordinances and statutes of the State of Illinois
- Ensure that all purchases promote fair and impartial competition
- Oversee the public bidding and proposal process
- Perform research to find the maximum benefit for the funds spent
- Work with businesses interested in providing goods and or services to the Village
Contracts and Purchases Exceeding $20,000
Contracts for services with a value of more than $20,000 must go through the formal public Request for Proposal (RFP) process with some exceptions as stated in the City Code and State Statutes. Purchase orders or contracts for materials valued at more than $20,000 must go through the formal public Request for Bid (RFB) process. The award for these bids goes to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder unless the Village Board decides it is in the best interest of the Village to do otherwise.
Contracts and Purchases between $2,500 and $19,999
Purchases for materials or services between $2,500 and $19,999 require individual departments to obtain three competitive price quotations. Businesses are encouraged to contact departments directly. Businesses that are unsure of which department to contact or that are selling an item or service that more than one department would use may email the Senior Purchasing Assistant.
Businesses can find out about upcoming opportunities in several ways:
- Read about the upcoming opportunities posted in the Current Bid/Proposal section of this website
- Send an email to the Village of Oak Brook's Senior Purchasing Assistant
View Available Bids
View Tabulations (PDF)