The Fire Department seeks to provide superior professional services in the areas of fire, rescue and emergency medicine dedicated to exceeding the evolving needs of our community.
The department consists of 32 full-time sworn personnel including:
- Fire Chief
- Three Battalion Chiefs
- 28 Firefighters and Firefighter/Paramedics supplemented by:
- 6 full-time contract Firefighter/Paramedics
- 5 full-time contract Paramedics
- 2 part-time Management Personnel
- 1 part-time Public Education Coordinator
- 1 full-time Civilian Administrative Coordinator who serves both the Fire Department and Fire Prevention Bureau
Emergency calls are dispatched through DuPage Public Safety Communications (Du-Comm). For more information, view the Du-Comm Website.
Free Carbon Monoxide Detector Program
Carbon Monoxide detectors save lives. All Oak Brook residents should be protected. Due to a donation provided by First Alert and Ace Hardware Corporation, the Oak Brook Fire Department is able to offer carbon monoxide detectors, free of charge to our residents, while supplies last. You can obtain a free detector (one per household) at our main fire station at 1200 Oak Brook Road between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Please call ahead at (630) 368-5200 to insure we still have detectors available.