Refuse & Recycling
- As of January 1, 2020, the Village of Oak Brook has contracted Flood Brothers to provide refuse and recycling services. New residents should contact Flood Brothers at (773) 626-5800 to establish billing and select a service level
- Residents having a refuse, recycling, or yard waste issue should first call Flood Brothers at (773) 626-5800. If the issue is not resolved residents should then contact the Village at (630) 368-5026.
COVID-19 Refuse & Re-Cycling Tips
Flood Brothers is asking Village residents and business to help protect their team during the COVID-19 Pandemic by following these easy steps.
- Please make sure that all Food and Drink Items are securely placed in a sealed bag Inside your garbage container.
- If anyone in your home Is symptomatic, place all items inside of a sealed bag in the garbage, not in the Recycling Container.
- Place any items such as masks, rubber gloves, sanitary wipes and paper towels used for cleaning in a sealed garbage bag.
- If there are no cases of COVID-19 and no one Is symptomatic, please recycle as usual.
- Pick-up is on Mondays for 1 time per week pick-up and on Mondays and Thursdays for 2 times per week pick-up.
- Flood Brothers Disposal Co. will provide each single-family household with a 95-gallon refuse cart. Additional carts are available; a rental price would be applied.
- Refuse must be placed at the curb unless the resident has arranged with Flood Brothers for rear door collection.
- Any refuse that cannot fit into the Flood Bros issued cart must be placed in a bag or container not to exceed 32-gallons or 50lbs
- Flood Bros will provide weekly recycling collection and will provide a 65-gallon recycling cart. Additional carts are available; a rental price would be applied.
- Refuse collection will also include bulk items (i.e. discarded furniture). Any special requests of items weighing more than 50lbs will require the resident to contact Flood Brothers at (773) 626-5800.
- Collection of “White Goods” (appliances, refrigerators etc.) will require a call 24 hours prior to collection to schedule the pick-up.
- Flood Bros will offer once per year collection of approved electronics. Upon request, for an additional charge, they can arrange for a pick-up of approved electronics on your regular collection day at the curb.
- Residents will receive an invoice in advance of service on a quarterly basis
Flat Rate Collection Services for Refuse and Recycling
|Monthly Rate Options||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024|
|Weekly Curbside Refuse||$19.35||$19.74||$20.13||$20.64||$21.25|
|Twice Weekly Curbside||$28.35||$28.94||$26.69||$30.45||$31.24|
|Twice Weekly Backdoor||$48.96||$46.90||$48.10||$49.32||$50.58|
|Yard Waste Stickers (Each)||$2.25||$2.35||$2.45||$2.55||$2.65|
|Monthly Toter Rental Rates||2020||2021||2022||2023||2024|
|Option A - 32 Gallon||$1.25||$1.25||$1.35||$1.35||$1.45|
|Option B - 64 Gallon||$1.25||$1.25||$1.35||$1.35||$1.55|
|Option C - 96 Gallon||$1.25||$1.25||$1.35||$1.35||$1.45|
|Toter Purchase Cost|
|32 Gallon $41.50|
|64 Gallon $44.50|
|96 Gallon $50.50|
Holiday Schedule for Refuse Service
|If a holiday falls on a weekday or Sunday (if holiday falls on Sunday, the holiday will be observed on the following Monday) and your regularly scheduled pickup is on or after the holiday, your pickup will be delayed by one day. The following is a list of observed holidays|
|New Year’s Day||Memorial Day|
|Independence Day||Labor Day|
|Thanksgiving Day||Christmas Day|
Yard Waste Collection
- Flood Bros will provide yard waste collection from April 1st to November 30th on the same day as refuse and recycling collection.
- Yard waste must be placed in waterproof plastic or metal containers with a tight cover or biodegradable Kraft bags, no larger than 35 gallons and not exceeding 50 lbs.
- All units set out must have an affixed yard waste sticker. Stickers are available from Flood Brothers, the Village of Oak Brook Butler Government Center (Village Hall), 1200 Oak Brook Rd., and local Jewel stores for $2.55 per sticker.
- Bundles of brush or limbs will be accepted providing that the bundles do not exceed 50 lbs per bundle, are not more than 4 feet long, are not more than two feet in diameter, do not contain limbs greater than 3 inches in diameter and are tied with a material that is compostable.
Flood Bros will provide a special collection for Christmas trees during the first two (2) weeks of January.
- For additional recycling opportunities, please visit the Earth 911 Website.
- For more information about recycling items not mentioned above or information about annual Household Hazardous Disposal, please visit The County of DuPage Wheaton, Illinois Website.
For additional Electronic recycling option contact:
|Burr Ridge Public Works|
451 Commerce Street /Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
630-407-6700 Contact for cost per item
|York Township Highway Department|
19W475 Roosevelt Road /Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Email York Township Highway Department