Friends of the Library
Every member of the Friends plays a vital role in supporting the Oak Brook Public Library, one of our community’s most valuable resources. By joining us, you can share in this commitment… and in many of the benefits of membership. It is easy and rewarding to become a member of the Friends of the Oak Brook Public Library. To become a member, fill out the annual application form and return it to the Friends.
As a Friend of the Library, you will receive membership benefits:
- Free admission to Book Sale Previews
- One free unmarked book at the Book Sale
- Civic pride and satisfaction in supporting your local library
Annual Dues and Used Book Sale Proceeds provide:
- Two Evergreen musical concerts
- Plastic bags for items checked out
- Publishing and mailing Friends newsletter, Footnotes
- Rewards for children and adults reading programs
- Library programming for children and adults
Membership application forms are available in the Library or download the membership application here.
Contributions: Donor Tree Giving
As of December 1, 2007, with the dissolution of the Oak Brook Public Library Foundation, the Friends organization assumed responsibility for accepting major donations for special Library projects. Donations made through this program are ongoing, needed and encouraged. Contributions are cumulative and publicly recognized on the Donor Tree in the Library when the established giving levels are met.
Sunday, May 4, 2014 at 3:00 pm
Oak Brook Public Library Meeting Room
Jazz Pianist Willie Pickens
Reservations not required
Seating opens at 2:15 pm and is limited to the first 120 people
Donations for the Sale accepted at the Library through March 31, 2015.
Clickfor a complete list of titles and final bid prices.