Refuse & Recycling
- Village of Oak Brook refuse services are contracted out to Republic Services (former Allied Waste).
New residents should contact Republic Services at (708) 345-7050 to establish billing and select a service level. (Note: Republic Services bills quarterly in advance.)
- Residents having a refuse, recycling, or yard waste issue should first call Republic Services at (708) 345-7050. If the issue is not resolved residents should then contact the Village at (630) 368-5000 and ask for Donna.
- Pick-up is on Mondays for 1 time per week pick and on Mondays and Thursdays for 2 times per week pickup.
- Refuse must be placed at the curb unless the resident has arranged with Allied Waste for rear door collection.
- Cans or bags may weigh up to 50 pounds when full, and may hold up to 32 gallons of refuse.
- Large, wheeled totters are available through Republic Services for an additional charge.
- Please check with Republic Services before purchasing any container larger than 32 gallons since most have design features that are not compatible with Republic Services' equipment.
- Collection of amounts of building or remodeling materials including carpeting, dirt, concrete, fixtures and furnishings, etc.; flood debris; and appliances containing hazardous components should be coordinated between Republic Services and the customer. Call Republic Services at (708) 345-7050 prior to the collection day to arrange for an estimate of cost.
Here are quick and easy ways to make a difference in our communities. Follow these simple guidelines to become a better recycler. https://recyclingsimplified.com/
Collection Services Price Quotations
|Weekly Curbside Refuse||Flat Rate||$22.41 per month||$23.19 per month||$24.01 per month|
|Twice Weekly Curbside||Flat Rate||$41.64 per month||$43.10 per month||$44.61 per month|
|Weekly Backdoor||Flat Rate||$41.90 per month||$43.37 per month||$43.89 per month|
|Twice Weekly Backdoor||Flat Rate||$62.46 per month||$64.65 per month||$66.91 per month|
|Yard Waste Sticker||$3.25||$3.40||$3.50|
|Yard Waste Cart||$294||$303||$312|
2019 Holiday Schedule for Refuse Service
|Holiday||Holiday Date||Schedule||Pickup Date||2nd Pickup Date|
(Twice Weekly Customers Only)
|New Year's Day (2018)||1/1/2019||Normal schedule (twice weekly customers)||12/31/2019||1/4/2019|
|Memorial Day||5/27/2019||Service delayed one day||5/28/2019||5/31/2019|
|Independence Day||7/4/2019||Normal schedule (twice weekly customers)||7/1/2019||7/5/2019|
|Labor Day||9/2/2019||Service delayed one day||9/3/2019||9/6/2019|
|Thanksgiving||11/28/2019||Normal schedule (twice weekly customers)||11/25/2019||11/29/2019|
|Christmas||12/25/2019||Normal schedule (twice weekly customers)||12/23/2019||12/27/2019|
|New Year's Day (2019)||1/1/2019||Normal schedule (twice weekly customers)||12/30/2019||1/3/2020|
Yard Waste Collection
- A 90-gallon wheeled totter is also available at a rate of $285 per season.
- Branches may be tied together in bundles approximately four foot long and two foot in diameter weighing up to 50 pounds. A yard waste sticker must be attached to each bundle.
- Curbside collection of yard waste (e.g. grass clippings, twigs, leaves, plant material, etc.) is provided from April 1 through November 30 on Mondays.
- Yard waste is collected at the curbside only.
- Yard waste may be placed in 33 gallon biodegradable paper bags (plastic bags cannot be accepted) weighing up to 50 pounds when full. A yard waste sticker must be attached to each bag.
- Yard waste stickers are available at the following nearby vendors at a cost of $3.15 per sticker.
Yard Waste Sticker Collectors
- Jewel - 4 East Ogden Avenue - Westmont
- Jewel - 944 South York - Elmhurst
- Village Hall - 1200 Oak Brook Road
Stickers may also be purchased by mail, contact Republic Services at (708) 345-7050 for more information.
Clean Christmas trees (free of all ornaments, lights, tinsel, flocking, etc.) will be collected separately at the curb on the first two collection days after January 1. No sticker is required for Christmas trees during these two collections.
- For additional recycling opportunities, please visit the Earth 911 Website.
- For more information about recycling items not mentioned above or information about annual Household Hazardous Disposal, please visit The County of DuPage Wheaton, Illinois Website.
For Electronic recycling contact:
|Burr Ridge Public Works|
451 Commerce Street /Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
630-407-6700 Contact for cost per item
|York Township Highway Department|
19W475 Roosevelt Road /Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Email York Township Highway Department