As a contractual condition of receiving Lake Michigan water each utility has to enact indoor and outdoor water restrictions. The indoor water restrictions include plumbing codes that require the installation of water conserving fixtures. Outdoor water restrictions include such things as restricting water sprinkling during the hottest time of the day to minimize evaporation.
Many customers might think that because we are supplied with lake water, watering restrictions are unnecessary. This is not the case. Contractually, we are restricted to how much we can obtain through the Commission, and like the other end users of lake water, outside watering restrictions are mandated. The following are watering restrictions for the village. Please note, these restrictions were developed to insure sufficient and proper times to satisfy lawn care needs.
- Odd-numbered street addresses: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Even-numbered street addresses: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Time: 6:00 A.M. until 10:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M.
- No water is allowed on Monday
- Customers utilizing watering cans or hand-held watering devices may water at any time on any day.
- Customers with private wells are encouraged to utilize their well for all outside water usage.
- Newly planted sod or seed may be sprinkled for a maximum period of two weeks from the date of installation. Please notify the village’s Water Department at (630) 368-5270.